Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Middle Name Is Pack Rat!!









So I was digging through some old clothes today and found out just how much of a pack rat I truly am. They say the first step to healing is admitting you have a problem. Ok, so I just did! I AM A PACK RAT!!! I found some shirts that I've had for years, I mean, YEARS!! They are sorority shirts from college, and for some reason, I decided to turn a couple of them from long sleeved shirts to short sleeved ones because I'm cool like that. And when I'm talking old shirts, I'm talking about shirts that have 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994 on them. Yes, you can laugh because I did, but I also felt a flood of memories come back when I saw those shirts. For the hayride shirt that has "Not Just Another Fish Dance" on the back, I remember that leaving many of us scratching our heads, saying, "What?" It also brought back to mind who my dates were to these hayrides, and makes me wonder what happened to some of those guys. Then there are the Spring Sing shirts...1992 was my very first Spring Sing show to be in, and we were the Spring Sing Natives. The title of our show was, "In Business to Get a Head". Who can forget the crazy make up we wore, and how hard it was to get it off?? In 1992, we were the Egyptians, that show was entitled, "Take a Walk on the Nile Side". The make up was much easier to get on and off this year. :-) I've posted a couple of pics from those shows which I am in so good luck finding me. ;-) Oh those were such good times and good memories for me. College life was one of the best times in my life, and I was actually blessed to go at two different times which allowed me to connect and be friends with SO many people. I have made friends for life from college, it also helped me move away from home, and not be afraid to explore new areas outside of Illinois. And although I've not mentioned it, I still have all my shirts from the second time I went to school from the years 1996-1998. They're not quite so old!! ;-) One of those shirts is very special to me because my date to his function has since passed away, and I think about him every time I see it. I really don't remember much about "school", but the social life was fantastic. haha! I'm just a sentimental person who likes to hold onto things that mean something to me, so the middle name is Pack Rat, don't judge me!! ;-) Have a great day!!! God Bless!

No comments: